St. Mary’s (the Piscataway Church, as early historic records refer to it) originally founded as a missionary parish to the Piscataway Indians, began when Father Andrew White, S. J. baptized Chitomachen, the Emperor of the Piscataway's, his family, and members of the tribe on July 5, 1640.
The Church continued to grow and minister to the needs of the parishioners by providing Sunday and weekday Masses and religious education throughout the colonial period, the Civil War era, and both world wars through today.
The mid-20th century brought expansion to many Archdiocesan parishes. The Church granted permission for the construction of a school and convent at St. Mary’s of Piscataway. In 1962, the school building opened for students in grades one through three.
Over the years, the school added grades four through eight as well as a Parish Hall, a library, and a science lab.
The Church has staffed our school by religious orders including the Sisters of St. Dominic from Sinsinawa, WI from 1962 through 1976, and the Sister of Mercy from 1976 through the 1980’s, as well as lay men and women throughout the years.
Today, we are a fully accredited school through the AdvancEd.
Our pre-k through eighth grade program provides a challenging, standards-based curriculum in religion, language arts, math, science, social studies, Spanish, music, and physical education.